Saturday, May 26, 2012

May Happenings { and My Dad Turns 89! }

On May 17th, Brian and I drove into L.A. and visited the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). We had a wonderful time walking around and looking at all the wonderful art work the museum had to offer. Here are a few snaps from around LACMA.
above and below: "Urban Light"

above: Here I am in the... uh... yellow plastic tube thingie.
below: stairs inside the Art of the Americas Building

above: These plates were awesome. As you walked around them, they started to 'spin' but it was only an illusion! Was soooo weird!
below: my view of Tony Smith's sculpture 'Smoke'

above: part of the Pavilion for Japanese Art
below: a view from inside the building
below: glass block wall in the sculpture garden
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are a few snaps of the Annular Solar Eclipse on May 20th.
above and below: you can see the eclipse in the sun flare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
below: a tulip from my mom's day bouquet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
above and below: Clarie Balders celebrating her 1st birthday!
Isn't she lovely?!

above: On May 13th (Mother's Day), my handsome dad turned 89!!
below: here is a snap of me with my dad and mom :)

Leave a comment if you like. You don't have to be a member, just click on anonymous and don't forget to leave your name. :)

1 comment:

  1. This site needs a "like" button. I especially like the pic of dad and the plates.

    ReplyDelete